Travel and other information for Japan/Okinawa
For entering into Japan
※If you are boarding an aircraft arriving in Japan after midnight Japan time on April 29 ,valid vaccination certificate or pre-departure test is NOT required.
Grand transportation in Okinawa.
- Arrival day/10 June: Please meet a taxi driver holding with DNC2023 signboard at the meeting point below:
*For those who arrive with an international flight, please move to the Domestic terminal to find a taxi driver at the meeting point.
- Departure day/24 July: Check-out time at Seaside house is 10:00am.
How to transfer between Narita and Haneda
Airport Limousine is the easiest way to transfer between the two airports. Fare: 3,200 JPY/one-way (approx. 1 h 15-30 mins)
■From Narita to Haneda by Limousine bus [Timetable]
Narita Terminal 1: No 12
Narita Terminal 2: No15
■From Haneda to Narita by Limousine bus [Timetable]
Haneda Terminal 1: No 6
Haneda Terminal 2: No 7
- Currency Exchange: ATMs: ATMs for credit card cash withdrawal are available in Naha Airport, nearby post offices and convenience stores. You will need a PIN code to use this service and some fees may apply.
- Climate: June and July in Okinawa is very hot and humid. Average temperature around this time of the year is 29-33 Celsius (or 84 - 92 Fahrenheit). Bring sunscreen or sunblock to protect your skin from sunburn!
- Clothes: OIST Workshops are usually performed in informal style (no suit and tie), thus please feel free to dress casually and travel light. We may have additional requirement for lab course, so please check your e-mail.
- [IMPORTANT]Electricity: The AC outlet in Japan is 100 volt, and fits plugs with two parallel blades (Type A). Please check if the AC adapter of your laptop is compatible with Japanese style and bring a plug adapter or a voltage converter if necessary.
- Meals during DNC:
- Breakfast: Continental Breakfast
- Lunch: Japanese style bento(lunch box: rice and side dish)
- Dinner: Japanese style bento(mostly Japanese rice and side dish), sushi day, Pizza day and BBQ
- Especially for those who have food restrictions and allergies; we will arrange meals based on your requests as much as possible, but we recomend to bring your food. We have a small refrigerator in your room and microwaves, hot water, and water server at the common space at the seaside house.