(Updated on August 25, 2022 / Created on August 1, 2018)
Announcement of Typhoon Information from OIST
When the forecast indicates that a typhoon is heading towards Okinawa, Emergency Response Coordinator (ERC) will post information on TIDA before the typhoon approaches Okinawa with the Typhoon Guidelines link and links to various Typhoon Information Sources below table.
Japan Meteorological Agency
Warnings and Advisories
Joint Typhoon Warning Center
|Track forecast and other information||http://www.metoc.navy.mil/jtwc/jtwc.html|
Typhoon Information Sources
- It is recommended to check available information sources such as Japan Meteorological Agency(JMA) website, TV, NHK World and other medias as needed.
- NHK World (TV) https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/
Suspension of Work/Closure of the Campus, Resumption of Work/Opening of the Campus
Suspension of Work / Closure of the Campus
- When JMA issues a “storm warning” for the Onna/Kin area, work will be suspended and the campus will be closed.
- When the warning is issued during work hours, employees are requested to go home promptly.
- When the warning is issued before workday starts, employees are requested to stay home.
- Above decision will be announced on OIST website, TIDA announcement and through SECOM mail.
Resumption of Work / Opening of the Campus
- The Secretary General will decide it according to the criteria in the table below.
- The decision will be announced on OIST website, TIDA announcement and through SECOM mail.
|Criteria of Resumption of Work / Opening of the Campus||Result|
|If a “storm warning” for the Onna/Kin area issued by JMA is lifted||a. Before 7 am||Employees are requested to come to work as usual|
|b. Between 7 am to 12 noon||Employees are requested to come to work within two hours from the time the warning is lifted|
|c. After 12 noon||Employees are granted Special Leave on the day|
The aforementioned decision by Secretary General will be based on the issuance of a “storm warning”for the Onna/Kin area by the JMA.
The typhoon information sources are useful to help employees anticipate when work might be suspended or resumed.
Operations of CDC, OIST Shuttle Bus and Food services*
- Please check CDC contact network for parents, TIDA, and OIST website respectively.
- Lunch will be provided at the CDC only when the warning is lifted before 7 am.
*Food services : Cafe, Restaurant and Bento
Come late for work / Leave early from work
- Due to resumption or suspension of work, when employees come late for work or leave early from work, please enter in the timesheet that you worked a full work day.
- When work is suspended for full work day or when the warning is lifted after 12 noon, employees are granted “Special Leave”.
- Therefore please select “Special Leave” in the “Type” section, and “Natural Disasters or Other Extreme Situations“ in the “Detail” section.
SECOM emergency message service “e-Kakushin”
In the event of the disaster when OIST determines it not appropriate to continue its business, you will receive a message from SECOM to “stay at home” or “return to work” or other actions you are required to take. It is to assure the safety of the employee, please check your registration details.