If your family has a child age 6-12 with symptoms of ADHD
Contact us for a screening interview on the phone.
If our assessment is appropriate for your child, parents are asked to complete questionnaires and participate in an interview.
With parent's permission, we also ask teachers to complete questionnaires about the child’s social interactions, behavior, and academic performance.
Your child will participate in 2~3 sessions
An interview and detailed assessments (IQ, academic achievement, memory, language, problem-solving, social skills) are administered.
Children are also asked to complete computer games, which are experimental tasks to assess their responses to reinforcements such as winning and losing points.
A summary report and explanation of assessment results will be provided during a feedback session.
We may ask if you and/or your child would be willing to complete additional experimental tasks at the time or in future.
- Assessments are conducted under the supervision of licensed psychologists.
- Personal information is treated as confidential.
- Information from the assessments may be useful for understanding child’s strengths and difficulties, and for diagnostic and treatment purposes by professionals in the community.
- The child's primary language needs to be English in order to participate in assessments; however, bilingual support is provided if a parent or teacher is Japanese-speaking.
- Please see the Japanese page of our website or contact us for opportunities available for Japanese-speaking families.