Open Seminar: Promotion of Research Integrity WEB-FORM
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University, Okinawa National College of Technology, Okinawa Nursing College, and Meio University will co-host a seminar on research integrity that is aimed at promoting good research practices in Okinawa’s education and research community. This seminar is in line with the MEXT Guidelines for Responding Appropriately to Misconduct in Research Activities that went into effect in August 2014. This is the first time for the participating universities to hold a joint event on this theme in the prefecture. The seminar is open to the public.
- To gain clear understanding and raise awareness of research integrity.
- To promote and foster a culture of responsible research conduct.
- To uphold high ethical standards and good practices in research and education.
2. Overview of the Seminar
1) Date: Friday, February 12, 2016
2) Time: From 14:00 to 16:30
3) Place: B250 seminar room, OIST Main Campus
4) Audience: Students, researchers and staff of universities and research institutes in Okinawa, and anyone who is interested in research integrity.
5) Entrance Fee: Free of charge
6) Preregistration: Registration will be made through a web-form
7) Remarks: Simultaneous translation (English to/from Japanese) will be provided.
- Dr. Nicole Foeger (Chair of the European Network of Research Integrity Offices (ENRIO), Head of the Administrative Office of the Austrian Agency for Research Integrity (OeAWI))
- Keynote: The European way to promote research integrity
- Dr. Toshio Kuroki (Professor Emeritus of the University of Tokyo, Senior Advisor at the Research Center for Science Systems, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), Former President of Gifu University)
- Scientific Misconduct Cases, Good Research Practices, How to Prevent Misconduct
- Dr. Toshinori Tanaka (Section Leader, Occupational Health and Safety Section, OIST)
- Outline of the MEXT Guidelines and Efforts to Promote Research Integrity at OIST
OIST (main host), Okinawa National College of Technology, Okinawa Nursing College, and Meio University (co-hosts)
Please preregister in order to estimate the number of participants.
Eri Kanemoto, Occupational Health and Safety Section, OIST (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
WEB-FORM Please fill in the required information and click "Submit" butten.