Contact & FAQ
- Email: Matsuoka Sachie sachie.matsuoka at oist.jp
- Mail: 1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0412 JAPAN
Seaside House, Onna-son, Okinawa
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who can apply to the MNA course?
MSc/ PhD students, post-docs and researchers at universities or academic/ industrial institutes.
2. Is there any registration fee to participate to MNA?
No! If selected you receive free room and board at Seaside House. Some participants' travel will be supported by OIST.
- Application Deadline: September 20, 2023
- Notification of participation from Secretariat Office: begin October 2013
- Deadline for your photograph and short bio for our web site: December , 2013
The local airport is Naha, Okinawa which has international connections only with Asian airports. If coming from Europe or USA you will have to fly to Osaka/Kansai or Tokyo (Haneda or Narita) first and take a connecting domestic flight to Naha.
- Bureau de Change: No Currency Exchange Service available at either Naha airport or OIST. Money Exchange in your country or at major airports (Narita/Kansai/Nagoya) is strongly recommended.
- ATMs: ATMs for credit card cashing are available in Naha Airport or nearby post offices/ some convenience stores. Please be advised that some credit cards might not be accepted due to credit card policy. (Most of the case, credit card issued abroad).
Average temperature around this time of the year is 13-19 Celsius. Weather is very variable, be prepared both for rainy and sunny days.
OIST Workshops are usually performed in informal style (no suit and tie), thus please feel free to dress casually and travel light.
The AC outlet in Japan is 100 volt, and fits plugs with two parallel blades (Type A). Please check if the AC adapter of your laptop is compatible with Japanese style and bring a plug adapter or a voltage converter if necessary.
- Internet: Wireless Internet available in public space. Wired LAN is available in guest rooms.
- Amenities: Shampoo&rinse, body soap, toothbrush set, hair dryer and room slippers.
- Laundry rooms: equipped with washer-dryers, detergent and ironing board sets.
- Phones: Public phone available in the lobby area. Calling card is required to make a domestic/international phone call. You may wish to purchase international calling cards at major airport as they are not provided at Seaside House. Some credit cards work by entering your credit card numbers and PIN code. Phone equipped in each guest room is for in-house calls only.