- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of publications – highlighting two relevant and impactful papers
- Research statement includes:
- Detailed research plan describing new interdisciplinary collaborations plan between two OIST research units.
- Definition how the project is interdisciplinary, e.g. by bridging different fields of research or by combining theoretical and experimental approaches.
- Description how the candidate’s project will complement OIST research programs
- Explanation how the candidate will benefit from the Fellowship
- Research budget specifications
- Letters of support from two OIST Principal Investigators with clearly outlined and measurable research and mentorship responsibilities towards the Fellow. The letters should include a statement how independent the fellow will be, and that the Fellow can use their Discretionary Research Budget freely for their research purposes (must comply with OIST regulations that dictate allowable expenses).
- Three confidential Letters of Recommendation (requested through Interfolio)
Potential Host Units: The list of OIST faculty members can be found here.
Number of positions: Up to 3
- Quality and innovation of the proposed research project
- Degree of interdisciplinarity of the proposed research project
- Research excellence
- Complementarity to OIST research
- Potential to enhance interdisciplinarity and inter-unit collaborations at OIST
- Considerations of Diversity
- Fall - The applications are submitted, evaluated and interviewed
- Winter - Offers are made to the selected candidates
- Spring and Fall of the following year - Fellows arrive at OIST
>> Submit Application through the online system Interfolio (Closed)
Applications received by November 15th 2022 are guaranteed full consideration.
Contact information: Informal inquiries are welcome: please contact Dr. Jonas Fischer at ipsf [at] oist.jp.
FAQs can be found here: FAQs