The Environmental Informatics Section offers several services to OIST researchers.
Here are some examples of the data we can provide:
(Note: A complete list of available data products is coming soon...)
- GIS Layers of forest cover for Australia
- Weather data for Okinawa in 2018
- Camera trap photos from OKEON sites
If there's something you would like to use in the future, or you would like us to analyze, let's meet to discuss your idea. Here are some examples:
- Change in coral reef extent across years for your favorite island
- Ancestral state reconstruction for your favorite genus
- Curation of your favorite dataset
Our section collaborates on many long-term research projects. It's most of what we do! Please get in touch with us using the link below. Or drop by our office: Lab 3A, Room A717. We like visitors and have tea.