Funding - OIST Proof of Concept Program
The OIST Proof of Concept Program funding is open for proposals - deadline for LOI submission August 31st, 2022.
What is the Proof of Concept (POC) Program? The POC program is an OIST internal, competitive funding program designed to help bridge the gap between lab discoveries and commercialization.
What is the aim of the program? The aim is to foster innovation and enhance technology transfer to transform OIST inventions and scientific outcomes into new products and services that benefit society.
Who is eligible? All PIs are eligible, as well as all researchers with the support of their Faculty Members.
How is the program structured? The program is divided into three different POC phases according to the stage of technology development, and a fellowship:
- Seed Phase - Technology innovation: supports applied research projects with a strategy to develop new intellectual property. Projects are funded for up to 12 months.
- Phase I - Technology validation: supports projects that aim to establish the feasibility of a technology in a commercial context. Projects are funded for up to 12 months.
- Phase II - Technology demonstration: supports projects that aim to test the technology for specific market needs. Projects can be funded for up to 24 months.
- Technology Pioneer Fellowship: The fellowship is addressed to entrepreneurial-minded researchers who wish to undertake their own commercialization projects over 1 or 2 years. Only researchers with the support of a Faculty Member are eligible.
What support does the program provide? The program provides funding, mentoring, entrepreneurship training, and guidance to support you to define, develop and test your technology for specific market needs.
What are the application steps and deadlines?
1) Letter of Intent – deadline August 31st, 2022
2) Full application – deadline November 1st, 2022
3) Pitch to the Award Committee - January 2023
4) Start date - Within FY2023
For detailed information and guidelines, please visit our website Proof of Concept Program.
For any inquiries, please contact the POC Program team at firstname.lastname@example.org.