Holiday Program for March and April 2023
Holiday Program Enrollment
The Japanese Government as well as the Okinawa Prefectural Government have issued 'New Lifestyle' guidelines. The School Age Program in conjunction with the Occupational Health and Safety Section and the COVID-19 Management Group has created a new set of policies to make sure that School-Aged Programs services are delivered in the safest possible environment for the children under our care.
Because these policies will change the School-Aged Programs experience, we are asking all families to read the policies carefully before accessing Holiday Program services.
The Holiday Program will continue to operate from 08:30-18:30 while these policies are in place. Please be sure to enroll two full business days before services will be needed.
Also, please be advised that many schools may change their schedules to make up for missed school time. If your child will need SAP services before 13:30, please enroll in Holiday Program services for those days.
By completing this web form, families are agreeing to abide by all policies
- SAP attendance will be limited to 53 children. The number of children allowed in any room will also be limited. This is necessary to maintain appropriate social distancing measures.
- Children will be asked to wear masks at all times. It is the family's responsibility to provide masks to their children.
- Children will be asked to wash their hands thoroughly before entering the SAP room.
- Children who are brought to the SAP room by parents/guardians will be required to measure and have a body temperature of under 37.5 degrees.
- Parents/Guardians of children who do not feel well during their time in the SAP room will be contacted immediately and asked to come and pick up their children. Children who are ill will be monitored by a staff person in one of the Seaside House meeting rooms until a parent/guardian arrives.
- All children will need to bring their own water bottles. SAP will not provide shared drinking or eating utensils.
- Children will be asked to use an ‘indoor voice’ while inside the SAP room. Shouting or using a loud voice will be discouraged.
- SAP staff will enforce social distancing. Children will be reminded to avoid standing or sitting close to each other.
- SAP staff will remind children not to touch one another.
- The SAP will provide for maximum air circulation by opening the doors to the outside deck whenever possible. However, during the rainy season and typhoon season, heavy rains and wind make it impossible to keep these doors open. According to Building Maintenance and Facilities, the LOSSNAY Energy Recovery System recently installed in the SAP room is in line with MEXT air ventilation volume requirements and provides sufficient circulation even without keeping the deck doors open.
- A hand sanitizing station will be set up in each room. Children will be encouraged to use hand sanitizer before and after using SAP-provided materials, games, or toys.
- Staff will disinfect the rooms regularly.
- Children will be taken outdoors to play as often as possible.