Room reservation request for occasional activities FY2024
The following rules will come into effect for the fiscal year 2024 to ensure equitable access to practice rooms for both recurring and occasional activities while maintaining consistency of the recurring activities and reducing the administrative workload.
About occasional activity reservations:
- What is an occasional activity?: An activity occurring less frequently than four times a month, or irregularly, in contrast to 'Recurring activities'. Recurring activities have priority, but Recreation Services(RS) will endeavor to accommodate all requests fairly
- What is a recurring activity?: An activity conducted by a registered club, or class, or by those who have gone through the procedure to reserve a room for their regular activity occurring at least once a week throughout the fiscal year. For more details regarding recurring activities, please visit this page.
- Advance booking:
- A room reservation request must be submitted using the below form
- The reservation requests for occasional activities must be submitted between 60 - 30 days prior to the preferred reservation date to allow the recurring activities leaders to notify their members of any changes *In case the request for an occasional activity doesn't conflict with any of the recurring activities, this can be negotiated with RS staff. Check the availability of the room you want to use before submitting the request form.
- Subject to room availability
- Does not follow the 2x2 rule applicable to recurring activities
- The maximum number of days for occasional activities is set as 3 days/month per group
- If there are too many applications, priority will be given on first-come-first-served basis i.e. submitting the reservation request within the designated period doesn't necessarily guarantee the room reservation
- 2x2 rule: Recurring activities are limited to twice per week for two hours each to prevent monopolization of limited resources.
- Room release: Groups using the rooms for their recurring activities must agree to release rooms for occasional use if requested by RS, with adequate notice provided to members.
Rooms that are available for occasional activities:
Check the availability of the room you want to reserve before submitting the below form.
|Meeting Room - Village Center
|Meeting Room Seaside Lounge**
|Meeting Room Ocean View
|Seaside House - Lobby - Patio
The Gardens Plumeria Recreation Room
Seaside Deck - SH (cement near the beach)
|Conference Center Meeting Room 1,2,3,4
|Tennis Court - SH - you can book yourself
|Seaside Soccer Field - you can book yourself
|Chura Hall - SH*
|Sydney Brenner Theatre(B250)*
|Seminar room C209*
|Seminar room C210*
|Seminar room C700*
* University/academic events will be prioritized for the rooms with an asterisk(*). If your reservation conflicts with such an event, we will ask you to move your reservation to another room.
** The reservation form for the Seaside House Lounge is here
About Quiet Hours:
Hours between 8pm and 8am are designated as 'Quiet Hours' in the above rooms. During these hours, everyone MUST NOT MAKE ANY NOISE in these rooms. Failing to follow this rule will result in the suspension of the right to reserve these rooms until effective noise-control measures are presented by the respective group, and agreed upon between the RS and the respective group. RS will also stop accepting reservation requests from other groups that want to use the room for the same/similar activity until the noise-control measures are presented and agreed upon before use.
Respect the residents' living
Since these rooms are inside the campus residential areas, the conductors of the recreational activities held inside these rooms must make sure all of their activity participants respect the residents' living even outside the Quiet Hours while conducting their activities. If a recreational activity receives a complaint about its conduct, all members are requested to take necessary measures to improve the situation. If the situation doesn't improve after three complaints, the activity in question might be suspended until another room that is suitable for the activity is found/available.
- Compliance: All users must adhere to the terms outlined in this policy.
- Feedback and adjustments: RS will regularly review the policy's effectiveness and make adjustments as needed, based on community feedback.
- Open communication: Users are encouraged to provide feedback on the reservation system by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org