Application for hosting events, activities or club fundraisers on campus

Hosting a Recreational Event, Activity or Club Fundraiser on Campus? Please fill out the application for approval.

All nonacademic recreational program initiatives, events, club fundraisers or activities at OIST should be registered through Recreation Services that fall under the category of recreation. Once registration is received, your request will go through an approval process at OIST. Various divisions in OIST will be consulted to see if your "initiative" can take place and if recreation services or another section at OIST are able to support it.

The first step is submitting an application for approval.

Q: Does my regular club activity require an application every time we meet?

A: No, you do not need an application for to perform regular club activities.

Q: Does UCS need to approve my PD event?

A: No, UCS only approves non-academic recreational related events/ activities/ fundraisers.

Q: I am not affiliated with a club, can I host an event that is recreational?

A: Yes, it must be approved if you are asking for Recreation Service's assistance.

Q: What do I need an application for?

A: Please see the table below.

Non-academic Programs, Activities, and Events that need approval
Fundraisers on OIST campus.
Clubs or no- club people that want to host recreational community activity for the internal community and external community on or off the OIST campus.

Club and non club activities that require collecting personal information from members of the OIST community.

People who want to initiate an activity or event that requires support from UCS, Health and Safety, CPR, Buildings and Facilities, and Recreation Services.