Ocean Safety 1-Day Program
Registration is required for classroom session and the open water session.
Please Join us for an OCEAN SAFETY 1-DAY PROGRAM
Classroom Session is OPEN to all Members of the OIST Community - no limit on registrations.
Location: Seaside House Seminar Room
Date: Monday, October 11th
Time: 8:00-9:00am ( Time is determined by coastal tides ).
OPEN WATER SESSION is open to 20 STUDENTS.
Cost: 500 JPY reserves your spot. Please bring exact amount to Recreation Services before Octbober 8th.
- 8:00am - 9:00am: On Class Session
- 9:15am - 10:30am: Swim Skills Assessment
- 10:30am -10:45am: Water Activity (1)- Surf, Stand up Paddle, Snorkle etc. (Activity will be chosen by instructors - depending on water conditions.
- 10:45am - 11:15 Break
- 11:15am - 12:45pm: Water Activity (2)- Rescue Senario & Team Building
You will receive a certificate for completing the course.
What to bring the day of the course:
- Notepad and Pen for in class session
- Water Bottle and snacks
- Ocean Friendly Sunscreen
- Appropriate Swimwear (rash guards, shoes, etc).
- Towel and Dry Clothes