1st International Workshop on Quantum Information Engineering (QIE2023)
We are excited to announce the 1st International Workshop on Quantum Information Engineering (QIE2023) organized by JSAP’s Quantum Information Engineering Research Group and the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology. This event will bring together fifty world-class scientists & engineering, researchers and students working in the field of quantum information engineering. They will present their latest research as well as engaging in active discussions about the current state of the field and its future prospects.
This workshop will take place on Okinawa main island which offers a truly picturesque setting and relaxed atmosphere for this event. We look forward to seeing you here.
- Dates: October 11 - October 13
- Please scroll below to see information on the programme and abstracts of the lectures.
- Location: OIST Seaside House
- In case of questions please contact: QIE2023@sanken.osaka-u.ac.jp
- Quantum computing,
- Quantum networks,
- Quantum algorithms,
- Quantum simulations,
- Quantum sensing,
- Novel quantum systems for quantum devices.
- Quantum Information Engineering Research Group in The Japanese Society of Applied Physics (JSAP)
- Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST)
- Quantum Information Research Center, Yokohama National University
- Chair: Akira Oiwa (Osaka University)
- Shinichiro Fujii (Yokohama National University)
- Masao Hirokawa (Kyushu University)
- Satoshi Iwamoto (University of Tokyo)
- Kenichi Kawaguchi (Fujitsu)
- Hideo Kosaka (Yokohama National University)
- Yuimaru Kubo (OIST)
- Kae Nemoto (OIST & NII)
- Nobuyuki Matsuda (Tohoku University)
- Shiro Saito (NTT)
- Shintaro Sato (Fujitsu)
- Takashi Yamamoto (Osaka University)
- Makoto Yamashita (Osaka University)
- Max Hays (MIT)
"Bosonic error correction using a bit-flip-protected control qubit"
- Ryoichi Ishihara (Qutech, TU Delft)
"Large-scale Integration of Modular Quantum Computer based on Diamond Spin Qubits"
- Junko Ishi-Hayase (Keio University)
"Quantum physics and sensing application of electron spin multi-resonance in diamond"
- Tetsuo Kodera (Tokyo Tech)
"Trends and prospects of silicon qubit research"
- Kazuki Koshino (Tokyo Medial and Dental University)
"Swapping between superconducting and microwave-photon qubits by single reflection"
- Roy Li (imec)
"Solid state qubits with industrial CMOS technology"
- Chao-Yang Lu (University of Science and Technology of China)
“Recent progress in optical quantum computing”
- Chithrabhanu Perumangatt (Toshiba Research Europe Ltd)
"Enabling Real-time, high-rate quantum key distribution from satellite to ground"
- Michael Trupke (University of Vienna)
"Sensing and quantum photonics with spin centres in crystals"
- Tsuyoshi Yamamoto (NEC)
"Quantum annealer based on Kerr parametric oscillators"
Programme and abstracts
Please click this link to see the "QIE2023 Program and abstracts" file which contains detail information including abstaracts of the Invited Speakers' lectures. Please note that the passowrd is needed. The password is sent by email to all the confirmed participants only.
Schedule: The workshop is scheduled from Wednesday, October 11th, to Friday, October 13th, 2023. We strongly encourage full participation. However, if you anticipate any difficulty attending all days, please select which specific days you will be able to attend.
Application and registration process
- Participation Cost: Participation in the workshop is free of charge, but participation in the banquet costs 3000 JPY.
While we encourage everyone to attend and take advantage of this networking opportunity during the workshop, participation in the banquet is not mandatory.
This fee includes:
- participation in the QIE2023 banquet, the food and beverage expenses for the banquet on October 12th (Thursday),
- the cost of beverages during the poster session on October 11th (Wednesday).
Payment method: a link to the online payment system is provided to participants who confirm their attendance. Please note that payment by cash during the workshop will not be possible.
Also, once payment is processed, the QIE2023 Banquet Participation Fee is not refundable, and there is no possibility of cancellation.
- Meals: Meals during the workshop will be provided. Please note that meals during the banquet will only be provided to participants who have paid the banquet participation fee.
At OIST Seaside House, we provide twin rooms for two people to share at no cost. If you request a twin room at Seaside House and you know who you want to share a room with, please provide the name in the registration form. If not, we will assign you to another participant.
Should you prefer a single room, you will need to choose an outside hotel and be responsible for the covering accommodation expenses yourself.
For participants who choose a hotel, we recommend considering one of the following hotels with special rates (available between October 10 and 13) for OIST attendees:
- Kafuu Resort Hotel – 13,850 JPY per night
- THE PERIDOT Smart Hotel Tancha Ward - 15,000 JPY per night
To secure the OIST rate for the hotel, please indicate your preference in the registration form and we will make a reservation for you with a payment by you directly at the chosen hotel.
Please note that number of rooms available is limited and we strongly advised to submit your registration form with the hotel indication by September 21.
Please be aware that in case of a hotel reservation cancellation, the participant is responsible for covering the cancellation costs based on the following policy: Under no circumstances, cancellations made 14 days or less prior to check-in will result in a 100% charge.
We provide a shuttle bus service twice a day, connecting the mentioned hotels with OIST Seaside House, the venue for the workshop, following this route:
- Kafu Resort Hotel -> THE PERIDOT Smart Hotel Tancha Ward -> OIST Seaside House
- OIST Seaside House -> THE PERIDOT Smart Hotel Tancha Ward -> Kafu Resort Hotel
- For participants presenting their research during the poster session, please bring your poster with you and attach it to the poster board upon your arrival at the workshop venue.
- The poster board size is W900 x H1200mm, equivalent to A0 size.
In case of questions please contact: QIE2023@sanken.osaka-u.ac.jp for general inquiries