To get an impression of OIST scientific environment, please watch the movie below and also have a look at the OIST Faculty Research Units.
To enhance the postdoctoral experience, PDCDA Section provides various career development opportunities for the postdoctoral community during their time. Please see the list of some of relevant programs and workshops on the Career Development page.
OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity educator and employer, and is working actively toward increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff including Postdoctoral Scholars. The University strongly encourages applications from women and other underrepresented groups. Moreover, OIST offers a very competetive benefit package to the Postdoctoral Scholars including but not limited to:
- A competetive salary
- Relocation allowance including the moving costs
- Relocation assistance including support for Prior to Coming to OIST, Upon Arrival to Okinawa and Living in Okinawa
- Housing allowance
- Commuting allowance
- Paid vacation days (10 days for the first year and 20 days per year from the second year), summer vacation days (7 days), sick leave (6 days per year and up to 90 days when determined), maternity leave (6 weeks prenatal and 8 weeks postpartum), child care leave, family care leave and special leave (~20 categories of up to 6 days per year each), all in addition to ~16 days of Japanese National Holidays per year.
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid)
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Workers accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Family-friendly environment; e.g. Child Development Centre and “Professional Travel Support”
- Free language classes (English and Japanese)
- Many other special benefits and discounts at selected facilities
For more information, please have a look at OIST Policy Library.