Individual Development Plan (IDP)
To define a strategy for an efficient, goal oriented and successful postdoctoral experience at OIST, developing an "Individual Development Plan" (IDP) is strongly recommended to all OIST postdoctoral scholars and mentors.
- Individualized self-assessment - to define interests and to identify strengths and weaknesses
- Explore career options - to identify potential future career paths
- Set strategic career goals - to prioritize the identified career options
- Provide planning process - to develop skills and to implement an effective self-marketing within a defined timeline
- Use available resources - to improve skills, to locate career options and to get prepared for upcoming applications/interviews
Using an automated workflow, annual submission of an IDP will be mandated for all Postdoctoral Scholars employed at OIST; yet to be finalized starting early April 2017. Thereafter, each Postdoctoral Scholar should be able to benefit from career and professional development opportunities at OIST for minimum of 12 hours per year. Click here for a sneak peek!
- Career Development Resources - OIST PCDA Section
- My Individual Development Plan - Science Careers
- Career Planning Resources - [US] National Postdoctoral Association
- Education and Skills Online Assessment - An online assessment tool designed to provide individual-level results
- Professional Development for Researchers (Vitae) - Based in the UK
- The Postdoc Career Development Initiative (PCDI) - Based in the Netherlands