Carnegie Mellon University, Master of Science in Mathematics, 2009
Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Master of Science in Mathematics, 2006
Quincy University, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, 2005
Quincy University, Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, 2005
Quincy University, Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, 2005
Dr. Daniel Eli Spector was born in Carbondale, Illinois in 1984. As the child of two mathematics professors, he was exposed to mathematics, science, and academic life from a young age. With his parents’ supplements to his public education, he moved at an accelerated pace through mathematics and science courses, eventually attending classes at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale during high school. After graduating high school, he received a full academic scholarship to Quincy University, from which he graduated in three years with three Bachelors degrees: in Mathematics, Chemistry, and Computer Science. After this he went on to obtain two Master of Science in Mathematics, first from SIU Carbondale and then from Carnegie Mellon University, where he went on to receive his Doctor of Philosophy in Mathematics. He has worked in China, Israel, and Taiwan before joining the faculty of OIST.
- Distinguished Assistant Professor, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China 2011.
- Postdoctoral Scholar, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel 2012-2014.
- Assistant Professor, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan 2014-2017.
- Associate Professor, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan 2017-present.
- 2016 Taiwan National Center for Theoretical Science - Young Researcher Award
- 2017 National Chiao Tung University College of Science - Young Researcher Award
- D. Spector, Simple proofs of some results of Reshetnyak, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 139 (2011), 1681-1690.
- T. Mengesha and D. Spector, Localization of Nonlocal Gradients in Various Topologies, Calc. Var. Partial Differential Equations 52 (2015), 253-279.
- D. Spector, On a generalization of $L^p$-differentiability, Calc. Var. Partial Differential Equations 55 (2016), no. 3, 55:62.
- A. Schikorra, D. Spector, and J. Van Schaftingen, An $L^1$-type estimate for Riesz potentials, Rev. Mat. Iberoam. 33 (2017), no. 1, 291-304.
- N. Fusco and D. Spector, A Remark on an Integral Characterization of the Dual of BV, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 457 (2018), no. 2, 1370-1375.
- D. Spector and S. Spector, Uniqueness of Equilibrium with sufficiently small strains in Finite Elasticity, Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 233 (2019), 409-449.