Postdoc application form
We offer several postdoctoral research positions in quantum information theory. Potential research topics include the following:
- Quantum communications theory: capacities of quantum channels and networks, distillation protocols, etc.
- Theory of quantum key distribution or other quantum communications applications.
- Quantum error correction, in particular in connection with modular quantum computation.
The compensation is in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations and depends on the time since graduation.
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid)
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST) is a dynamic new graduate university in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST has rapidly gained recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence and already leads world rankings when normalized to faculty size.
You have an excellent track record and have already graduated or will soon graduate from a doctoral program in theoretical computer science, mathematics, or physics.
To apply please send the following documents via email to (david.elkouss at oist dot jp):
- Cover letter including your research plan
- The contact details of two referees
OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
Please submit your application before June the 15th 2022. The starting date is September the 1st 2022 (negotiable).