Contact & FAQ
- Email: onna2019 [at] oist.jp
- Mail: 1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495 JAPAN
- Seaside House, Onna-son, Okinawa, Japan
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who can apply?
Advanced undergraduate/ Msc/ PhD students, post-docs and researchers at universities or academic/ industrial institutes.
2. Is there any registration fee to participate in ONNA?
Registration fee of 10,000 JPY for non-students and 5,000 JPY for students. OIST will cover your twin-share lodging and meals at Seaside House. We will also book return air tickets for those participants awarded full travel support. All participants are expected to arrive in Okinawa on 2nd June and depart from Okinawa on 7th June at the earliest. For more details, please find an excerpt for the Guidelines Regarding Travel Expenses for Participants.
3. When could I expect to know about my participation in ONNA2019?
- Notification of participation from Secretariat Office: March 2019
- Contact by ONNA secretariat office for flight arrangement details: after notification of acceptance
4. Does everyone need to submit a paper abstract?
Yes. In order to be selected for participation you must submit an abstract on your research work and be prepared to present this in poster or oral format. We will have several poster sessions during the workshop and some submitted papers will be selected for 15 minute talks.
FLIGHT AND ACCOMMODATION
Flights (for those participants awarded full travel support) and accommodation will be arranged by OIST. We only provide accommodation in shared twin rooms. Please note that if you want to arrange your own accommodation, you will also have to arrange your own daily transport.
- Please bring Japanese yen with you to Okinawa as cash exchange service is very limited and is NOT available near OIST nor the conference venue. A very limited service is available at Naha International Terminal with very few hours of operation.
- Money Exchange in your country or at major airports (Narita/Haneda/Kansai/Nagoya) is strongly recommended.
- ATMs: ATMs for credit cards are available in Naha Airport or nearby post offices/ some convenience stores. These ATMs are usually only operating during business hours and most will NOT accept foreign-issued (non-Japanese) credit cards. There is no ATM within a reasonable walking distance from the conference venue, Seaside House.
Average temperature around this time of the year is 22-29 Celsius. It can rain heavily sometimes and be very humid.
OIST Workshops are usually performed in informal style (no suit and tie), thus please feel free to dress casually and travel light.
The AC outlet in Japan is 100 volt, and fits plugs with two parallel blades (Type A). Please check if the AC adapter of your laptop is compatible with Japanese style and bring a plug adapter or a voltage converter if necessary.
FACILITIES OF SEASIDE HOUSE
- Internet: Wireless Internet available in public space. Wired LAN is available in guest rooms.
- Amenities: Shampoo&conditioner, shower gel, toothbrush set, hair dryer and room slippers.
- Laundry rooms: equipped with washer-dryers, laundry powder and ironing board sets.