International Symposium: The Innovative University
THE INNOVATIVE UNIVERSITY
Accelerating Innovation at Universities
Date: Tuesday, 22 March 2016 | 9:00am-5:00pm JST
Location: Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University | Room B250 | Okinawa, Japan
Please register here
In a condensing and shifting world, innovation increasingly fuels economic growth. Universities around the world are re-imagining their role in the innovation pipeline and their economic impact on the region, either willingly or under pressure to do so.
- How do universities adapt and equip students and researchers with the skills they need to contribute to innovative economies?
- How do we measure and evaluate the success of innovation programs?
- How can society, industry, and governments achieve benefits from greater investment in innovation at universities?
Global experts will explore these topics and exchange ideas for accelerating innovation at universities, from the “nuts-and-bolts” of technology transfer, to new mechanisms such as university venture funds, proof-of-concept programs, and incubators, to new educational programs that increase the "innovativeness" and entrepreneurial capacity of students.
Dr. Rita Colwell, Distinguished University Professor, University of Maryland (OIST Board of Governors), USA
Dr. Yuko Harayama, Executive Member, Council for Science, Technology and Innovation Policy, Cabinet Office, Japan
Mr. Leon Sandler, Executive Director, MIT Deshpande Center for Technological Innovation, USA
Mr. Hiroshi Tamura, Managing Director, Re:public Inc, Japan
Dr. Lily Chan, CEO, NUS Enterprise, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Mr. Luis Mejia, Associate Director, Office of Technology Licensing, Stanford University, USA
Mr. Koichiro Tsujino, CEO, ALEX Corp, Japan
- Dr. Robert Baughman, Executive Vice President, Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology, Japan
- Dr. Richard Dasher, Director, US-Asia Technology Management Center, Stanford University, USA
- Ms. Lauren Ha, Associate Vice President, Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology, Japan
- Mr. Harumi Kato, Partner, Innovative Venture Fund, NEC Capital Solutions, Japan
- Professor Toru Tanigawa, Specially-Appointed Professor, Robert T. Huang Entrepreneurship Center, Kyushu University, Japan