BSc (Hons I) (Monash University), Physik-Diplom (Free University, Berlin), Doktor der Mathematik (ETH, Zürich)
Japan Institute of Invention and Innovation (JIII)Prize for Excellent Project - a stand-alone microprocessor system for judging long-distance boomerang throwing events.
- Free University (Berlin) - Computational Physics
- ETH (Zürich) - Computational Mathematical Physics
- University of Basel - Computer Science
- Technical University of Denmark - Experimental Mathematics
- The University of Melbourne - Computational Mathematics
- University of the Ryukyus - Computational Mathematics
- OIST - Mathematical Biology
- Robert Sinclair, Janne Ravantti and Dennis Bamford, Nucleic and amino acid sequences support structure-based viral classification, Journal of Virology, Volume 91, No. 8 (2017) e02275-16. doi: 10.1128/JVI.02275-16 .
- Jun Inoue, Yukuto Sato, Robert Sinclair, Katsumi Tsukamoto and Mutsumi Nishida, Rapid genome reshaping by multiple-gene loss after whole-genome duplication in teleost fish suggested by mathematical modeling, PNAS, Volume 112, No. 48 (2015) 14918–14923. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1507669112 .
- Robert Sinclair, Necessary Relations for Nucleotide Frequencies, Journal of Theoretical Biology, Volume 374 (June 2015) 179-182. doi: 10.1016/j.jtbi.2015.03.025 .
- Haozhe Zhang and Robert Sinclair, Namibian fairy circles and epithelial cells share emergent geometric order, Ecological Complexity, Volume 22 (2015) 32-35. doi: 10.1016/j.ecocom.2015.02.001 .
- Robert Sinclair, Do rational numbers play a role in selection for stochasticity?, Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience, Volume 8, Article 113 (September 2014). doi: 10.3389/fncom.2014.00113 .
- Robert Sinclair, Persistence in the Shadow of Killers, Frontiers in Microbiology, Volume 5, Article 342 (July 2014). doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2014.00342 .
- Thomas H. Rich, Benjamin P. Kear, Robert Sinclair, Brenda Chinnery, Kenneth Carpenter, Mary L. McHugh and Patricia Vickers-Rich, Serendipaceratops arthurcclarkei Rich & Vickers-Rich, 2003 is an Australian Early Cretaceous ceratopsian, Alcheringa, Volume 38, Issue 4 (2014) 456-479. doi: doi: 10.1080/03115518.2014.894809 .
This dinosaur was featured in the Australian 60c Serendipaceratops stamp from the 2013 Australia's Age of Dinosaurs stamp issue (image reproduced here with permission):
- Robert Sinclair, Where Is Mathematics? Proceedings of the IEEE, Volume 102, No. 1 (January 2014), 2-4.
- Kim Y, Sinclair R, Chindapol N, Kaandorp JA, De Schutter E (2012) Geometric Theory Predicts Bifurcations in Minimal Wiring Cost Trees in Biology Are Flat. PLoS Comput Biol 8(4): e1002474. doi:10.1371/journal.pcbi.1002474
- Sinclair R (2011) A Quantitative Approach to Investigating the Hypothesis of Prokaryotic Intron Loss. Available from Nature Precedings <http://hdl.handle.net/10101/npre.2011.5770.1>
- Georgescu P, Dimitriu G, Sinclair R (2010) Impulsive Control of an Integrated Pest Management Model with Dispersal between Patches. Journal of Biological Systems 18(3): 535-569. doi: 10.1142/S0218339010003561
- Bonnard B, Caillau J-B, Sinclair R, Tanaka M (2009) Conjugate and cut loci of a two-sphere of revolution with application to optimal control. Annales de lʼInstitut Henri Poincare (C) Non Linear Analysis 26(4): 1081-1098. doi: 10.1016/j.anihpc.2008.03.010
- Sinclair R, Stiefel K (2009) (eds.), Multiscale Phenomena in Biology: Proceedings of the 2nd Conference on Mathematics and Biology, Okinawa, Japan, 4-6 November 2008, AIP Conference Proceedings, Mathematical and Statistical Physics, Vol. 1167
- Enomoto K, Itoh J-I, Sinclair R (2008) The Total Absolute Curvature of Nonclosed Curves in E^3. Illinois Journal of Mathematics 52: 47-76.
- Sinclair R, Tanaka M (2007) The cut locus of a 2-sphere of revolution and Toponogov's comparison theorem. Tohoku Mathematical Journal (2) 59: 379–399.
- Sinclair R, Tanaka M (2006) A Bound on the Number of Endpoints of the Cut Locus. LMS Journal of Computation and Mathematics 9: 21-39.
- Sinclair R, Tanaka M (2006) Jacobi's last geometric statement extends to a wider class of Liouville surfaces. Mathematics of Computation 75: 1779-1808. doi: 10.1090/S0025-5718-06-01924-7
- Rubinstein JH, Sinclair R (2005) Visualizing Ricci Flow of Manifolds of Revolution. Experimental Mathematics 14(3): 285-298.
The front cover illustration of the December 22 (2006) issue of Science Magazine was produced by Cameron Slayden of Cosmocyte, Inc. using data generated by the algorithm (computed by R Sinclair while at OIST):
- Røgen P, Sinclair R (2003) Computing a New Family of Shape Descriptors for Protein Structures. J. Chem. Inf. Comput. Sci. 43(6): 1740–1747. doi: 10.1021/ci034095a