PhD 2013, University of Warwick
BSc (Honours) 2008, University of Sydney
Research interests: Low-dimensional topology, geometric group theory, hyperbolic geometry, Teichmueller theory, dynamical systems
Email: robert (dot) tang (at) oist (dot) jp
Office: Lab 2, B662 (Floor B)
- Postdoctoral Scholar, University of Oklahoma, 2014 - 2017
- Research Member, Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, Berkeley, California, Fall 2016
- Postdoctoral Fellow, ICERM, Brown University, Fall 2013
Papers and publications
My papers on the arXiv can be found here.
- Affine diffeomorphism groups are undistorted.
- Rigidity of the saddle connection complex (with Valentina Disarlo and Anja Randecker).
Preprint, October 2018, arXiv.
- Cubical geometry in the polygonalisation complex (with Mark Bell and Valentina Disarlo).
Mathematical Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, July 2019, Volume 167, Issue 1, pp. 1-22, DOI: 10.1017/S0305004118000130.
- Veech surfaces and simple closed curves (with Max Forester and Jing Tao).
Israel Journal of Mathematics, February 2018, Volume 223, Issue 1, pp 323-342, DOI: 10.1007/s11856-017-1617-5.
- Shadows of Teichmüller discs in the curve graph (with Richard Webb).
International Mathematics Research Notices, June 2018, Volume 2018, Issue 11, pp 3301–3341, DOI: 10.1093/imrn/rnw318.
- Projections in the curve complex arising from covering maps.
Pacific Journal of Mathematics, August 2017, Vol. 291, No. 1, 213-239, DOI: 10.2140/pjm.2017.291.213.
- The curve complex and covers via hyperbolic 3-manifolds.
Geometriae Dedicata, December 2012, Volume 161, Issue 1, pp 233-237, DOI: 10.1007/s10711-012-9703-7.
- JSPS KAKENHI Grant-in-Aid for Early-Career Scientists, 2019 - 2020.