IONS Okinawa is open to students in the following fields:
- Optical Communications
- Optical Cooling and Trapping
- Optical Metrology
- Optical Trapping and Manipulation in Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Fiber Modeling and Fabrication
- Fiber Optics Technology
- Holography and Diffractive Optics
- Image Sensing and Pattern Recognition
- Quantum Computing and Communication
- Quantum Optical Science and Technology
- Tissue Imaging and Spectroscopy
- Nonlinear Optics
- Ultrafast Optical Phenomena
All accepted participants are required to present a poster or give a talk on their recent or current work. A presentation title and short abstract are therefore required when submitting this form. An additional one page, including figures and references, PDF document is required for the abstract booklet.
All meals and accommodation (in twin-shared rooms at Seaside House) will be covered for all participants by OIST.
Most international applicants are expected to fund their own travel. In some cases, we may offer a bursary for 50% support, but only where strong justification is provided.
About 10% of international applicants will be given full travel support. This is fully reserved for those applicants from developing regions of the world. If you are not from a developing region, please do not apply for this.
For undergraduates, grants are up to four grants are provided by STeLA for no more than 30,000 JPY each. These are mainly aimed at providing aid to undergraduates at east-Asian universities.
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.