Necessary procedure after moving (From abroad)

  • Passport
  • Residence card
  • National pension book(if you have)
  • MY NUMBER card/notification(if you have)
  • OIST Certificate of Registration *Please apply from HERE

  • Passport
  • Residence card
  • Certificate of Residence(住民票)*Obtain at municipal office
  • OIST Certificate of Registration *Please apply from HERE

1, Use OIST Shuttle Bus (Seragaki Line, get off at "Onna Village Office")

2, Use local bus

Route Finder: Bus Navi Okinawa*Bus comes every 30 munutes.
Bus number: Okinawa bus [#20] or Ryukyu bus [#120]
Bus stop name:
 Departure: Daigakuin Daigaku mae (大学院大学前)
 Destination: Onna-son Yakuba Mae (恩納村役場前)

Google map

[Building name*] [Room number**]

Building name*
  ヴィレッジセンター (Village center)     
  ウエストコート (West court)
  イーストコート (East court)      
  サウスヒル (South hill)

Room number**
  If South hill, please do not forget "H" before the room number.
  Ex. "サウスヒル H111", "サウスヒル H555".


1. 転入 Registration (Residents division)

1, Go to counEter #1 and fill out the forms as below and submit them.

  • 住民異動届/Jyu-min Idou Todoke (Notification form of address change) 

  • 住民表交付申請書/Jyu-min Hyo Koufu Shinsei Sho (Application form for Certificate of Residence)

2, Obtain a 住民票/Jyu-min hyo (Certificate of Residence).
    *Make sure your "My number (マイナンバー)" is written.


2. 国民年金 National Pension (Taxation division)

1. At counter #1, please fill out the form as below and submit it.

  • 国民年金被保険者関係届書/Kokumin Nenkin Hihokensha Kankei Todoke sho(Application form for joining National Pension)


*If you do not want to apply for the exemption, please let Student Affairs Section staff know.


Reference: Japanese National Pension System

3. 国民健康保険 National Health Insurance (Welfare and Health division)

1, Go to counter #3 and fill out the form as below, submit it.

  • 国保資格取得届/ Kokuho Shikaku Shutoku Todoke (National health insurance registration form).

2,  Your "National health insurance card" will be issued at the counter.

3, [Optional] Auto deduction is configurable. If payment slips are issued at the counter and you have a Japanese bank account, you may set an bank auto deduction here.

4,  We recommend you to pay the national insurance tax (fee) for a year at the municipal office. (Next to the Residents division; counter #1, below picture) Otherwise you need to go and pay at a convenience store or bank every month.


Opening Bank account

The Bank of Okinawa is located across from the municipal office. (The only ATM on campus is Okinawa bank's.)
Please make sure to bring required documents. *Written on the top of this page.

Okinawa Bank, Onna branch (Google map)
*They are under limited operation of work due to the current COVID-19 situation.


Submit documents to Student Affairs Section

Please submit below to Student Affairs Section via GigaCC.
*You could bring to the Graduate School division counter.

Please make separate file for each document and name the file such as" Certificate of Residence_your Given name/FAMILY NAME”.

  • Certificate of Regidence

  • Residence card (Front & Back)

  • Bank book (Front & Page1-2) (If you have not set your bank account at OIST.)


Phone: 098-966-2271
If any questions, please contact Student Affairs Section.