Mini Course: COMSOL Multiphysics (by KESCO)
Mini Course: COMSOL Multiphysics training course aims to a tour for the most advanced equation based modeling and multiphysics modeling software. This course will be provided by KESCO, the company selling and supporting COMSOL Multiphysics in Japan.
The first session will cover the concept and various examples of COMSOL Multiphysics. Through several live demos, you can learn how to build a model with your own customized equations or with the build-in physics interface. The coupling between customized equations and build-in physics interface will also be introduced. The flexibility of the modeling platform will greatly facilitate your research activities.
In the second and third session of the Mini course, we will give more detailed introduction on two physics modules, AC/DC and RF module. The overall functions and important modeling points will be mentioned with live demos.
This course is suitable for people who:
- Have an interest in numerical simulation and want to incorporate it into their research in the future.
- Want to experience the most advanced equation based modeling and multiphysics modeling software.
- Have some previous experience on COMSOL Multiphysics and want to learn more about its functions, especially with AC/DC module and RF module.
The teachers will be Dr. Dahai Mi and Dr. Wang from Keisoku Engineering System Co., Ltd. They will be assisted by Theodoros Bouloumis (PhD student), Shilu Tian and Ezra Kassa (postdocs).
The Mini Course will take part in three sessions:
|Monday, November 15||1PM-3PM||
|Wednesday, November 17||1PM-3PM||
|Friday, November 19||1PM-3PM||
The material can be downloaded here.
- Location: B701, Computer Lab, Lab 3.
- What to bring:
- A laptop with COMSOL installed. We will distribute COMSOL trial licenses before the event, make sure to sign up to receive it.
- Zoom link: if you prefer joining remotely, or if B701 exceeds 50% capacity, you can join using this link. Unfortunately, we won't be able to provide much help with the hands-on part via Zoom.
- Video Recording: this course might be recorded and uploaded online, only the teacher will be recorded. Contact Jeremie Gillet if you have reservations about this.
- Drinks: There will be free coffee and tea, bring your cup!
If you are interested in the course but cannot participate to this particular event, let us know and we will contact you for any later occurrence of this course.
Thank you very much for your interest.