Mini Course: Project Management with Jira
Jira (Jira Software and Jira Work Management) is a powerful workflow-based tool for project and issue management used by thousands of software development and business teams alike. In this Mini Course, we will introduce the basic concepts of Jira and demonstrate a small academic project that includes managing regular tasks, writing software, and tracking deliverables (publications).
We will showcase how Jira can support team collaboration and work management, for example by streamlining permission requests, but also how it can help individual researchers/students in managing their own work.
The course would be useful to those who are:
- Interested in Jira and its applications, or more generally in project management tools.
- Looking to get inspiration on how to use a project management tool in their own work.
- Eager to see examples of project workflows specifically in an academic research setting.
The instructor for this course will be Dr. Kosmas Deligkaris (Research computing tech, Biodiversity and Biocomplexity Unit). Kosmas is an Atlassian Certified Professional in Managing Jira Cloud Projects and has been involved with Jira applications since his early PhD days.
The course will take place in one session, on January 27, 10AM - 12PM.
Some of the topics we will explore include:
- Creating and customizing a new project.
- Creating custom workflows.
- Managing software development.
- Tracking deliverables (e.g. publications).
- Location: B701, Computer Lab, Lab 3.
- What to bring: A laptop
- Zoom link: if you prefer joining remotely, or if B701 exceeds 50% capacity, you can join using this link. Unfortunately, we won't be able to provide much help with the hands-on part via Zoom.
- Video Recording: this course will not be recorded.
- Drinks: There will be free coffee and tea, bring your cup!
If you are interested in the course but cannot participate to this particular event, let us know and we will contact you for any later occurrence of this course.
Thank you very much for your interest.