Aims: This special short course will provide an opportunity to achieve several goals:
- To illustrate interdisciplinary research approaches and interfaces that propel scientific discovery
- To design integrated lecture and practical activities that present paradigms in experimental design and analysis
- To introduce rigorous quantitative methods and strategies for advanced data analysis.
- To create a cross-cultural experience intended to promote international collaboration at an early stage prior to graduate training
- To promote team-based problem-solving strategies
- To help students model graduate level education and research activities in an English-speaking environment, through mentorship and active career advising
- To showcase the special mission and strengths of OIST as a platform for international scholarship and research
CIUW Weekly Schedule
Take a look at the workshop schedule here. There may be some changes and modifications, but this would help you plan and organize your stay in Okinawa/Japan.
Participants and Organizers Introduction:
Please click the image below to see all the CIUW 2016 participants and workshop organizers.
Please click on the icons below to find a wide range of information from currency exchange and hotel information to restaurants and optional activities.
Please also take a minute to learn about dangerous species that live on the island!
OIST Travel Rules (*signature required)
For participating students, please download and read the OIST Travel Rules carefully, and attach a scanned copy of the signed document to the questionnaire below. To download and read the OIST Travel Rules, click the icon: