2020 Year-end Important Announcements
OIST will be closed from December 29th to January 3rd!
OIST services will not be available during holidays including Shuttle bus, Jimmy’s, venders, clinical services, and Graduate School regular window.
Please check through following announcements related your safety and health and be ready for holiday!! (see TIDA announcements for most updated information)
Especially, these who do not have your own vehicle, it's recommended to shop your daily necessities beforehand to welcome happy new year holiday!
1. Did you submit...?
Please be reminded again that you need to submit deginnated forms to inform Graduate School of your absense or travel for either personal or business for the purpose of emergency response.
This is also one, to be covered by your student insurance (Gakkensai and Gakkenbai) you must inform the Graduate School of school-related off-campus activities. Second, for international students OIST is your visa guarantor, thus we must know where you are inside and outside of Japan. We also need to track your annual leave, if you are taking any.
* In case if you travel abroad, please make sure to follow procedures on Re-entry to Japan.
2. Important Announcements
- (2020/12/21 Recreation Services) Schedule of Recreation Services during the Holiday Season/ 年末年始レクリエーションサービスのスケジュール
- (2020/12/11 Office of VP for University Community Services) Food services during new years holiday / 年末年始のフードサービスについて(Jimmy’s and other bento venders)
- (2020/12/11 Facility Management Section)【REMINDER】University Vehicle and Shuttle Bus Service for the New Year Holiday
3. Stay healthy!
- (2020/12/22) Ganjuu Service Holiday Closure
TELL Lifeline: 03-5774-0992(Free, anonymous telephone counselling and support across Japan. 9am- 11pm daily.)
Japan Helpline: 0570-000-911 (Japan’s only 24 hour non-profit, nationwide emergency assistance service.)
- (2020/12/22 Health Center) Holiday Schedules of OIST clinic, Health Center and Local Clinics
*Schedule of local clinics during the New Year's Holiday HERE.
*Inquiries regarding Covid-19 during the holidays, please contact Covid-19 call center. (En) 03-6636-4816/(Jap) 098-866-2129
4. Stay safe!
- (2020/12/21 Chief Operating Officer) Attention!!! NO Drunk Driving / 飲酒運転について注意喚起!!!>>Use Daiko service when you drive!!
- (2020/12/22 Facility Management Section) Driving On Campus
- 【Warning】Please please….
Keep your valuable belongings in safe place! Do not leave them unsecured but keep them in lockbox. Confirm information assets (laptop or other IT devises and data) will remain secure.
*You must request and receive approval before you take any devices off-campus.
5. Emergency Contact
- Fire Engine/ Ambulance: 119
- Plice: 110
- 24-hour emergency contact
- OIST Helpline: 098-966-8989
- GS Emergency Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay safe and we all hope you have a wonderful holiday!!
Student Affairs Section