The various measures in place to promote gender equality at OIST are designed to minimize barriers as well as to create a family-friendly workplace.
1) Recruitment, selection, and career advancement policies
2) Career Advancement (internal support programs for child-rearing)
-Professional travel support program
3) Responding to the Employees with Disabilities
5) Prevention of Harassment
- Recruitment process
3.2.4 Recruitment, Appointment, Promotion, Evaluation and Retirement of Faculty
Manager or above:
- Form (docx) （Revised on November 1, 2018）
- PRP (126.96.36.199)
- Documents and workflow for the application and closing (as of June 1st, 2018)
- PRP 188.8.131.52
- Eliminating of Discrimination Based on Disabilities Guideline
The University conforms to the Act on the Welfare of Workers Who Take Care of Children or Other Family Members Including Childcare and Family Care Leaves (Childcare and Family Care Leave Act, Act No. 76 of 1991) and all relevant laws and regulations, allowing employees a healthier balance between family and work life.
- Parents' Handbook for expecting and new parents.
- For Graduate Students
PRP(5.3.18.) Childbirth Accommodation Policy
Monthly work hours and daily flexible working hours with core time has been introduced to achieve work-life balance and reduce overtime hours. See the HR website (login required) for more information about how Flex Time can help you.
- Flextime Policy フレックスタイム規定
- Flextime Summary フレックスタイム概要
The University is committed to creating and maintaining a safe and respectful environment in which all employees, students, and visitors are treated with dignity and respect, in accordance with the Respectful Workplace Policy [PRP1.3.2]. The University will not tolerate disrespectful communication, harassment, including sexual harassment, or bullying in any form.
- HR section site (login required)
- PRP (39)
- What is the harassment related to pregnancy, childbirth, childcare leave?