Skip to main content
Archive of News and Highlights
- June 4: Nick returns to the FSU as a technician. Welcome back, Nick!
- June 1: Welcome to Oksana, who joins the FSU as a technician from ILTPE, Ukraine!
- May 22: Lincoln joins the FSU as a research intern, joining us from Saikat Talapatra's group in Illinois. Welcome!
- May 16: Xing returns to the FSU as a rotation student. Welcome back, Xing!
- Apr. 1: Welcome to Arka, who is joining the FSU as a postdoc, previously from SUNY Buffalo. ようこそ！
- Mar. 12: Congratulations to Joel for winning the Best Poster Award at the OTST Conference in Santa Fe, New Mexico!
- Mar. 1: Elaine started working as a postdoc in the group. Congratulations!
- Feb. 18: Lisa joins the FSU as an intern from Rupert Huber's group in Regensburg. Welcome to Okinawa!
- Nov. 28: More of our collabroative work with the Weber Group on Dirac and Weyl fermions published in APL.
- Nov. 20: Alina joins the FSU as a visiting researcher from Jun Kono's lab in Rice. Welcome!
- July 31: Dr. Elaine Wong received her PhD and will continue in the FSU as a Junior Research Fellow.
- July 13: Ricardo joins the FSU as a visiting researcher from Mexico. Welcome to Okinawa!
- June 21: Welcome to Stuart, who joins the FSU as a JSPS summer fellow from the University of Cambridge.
- June 13: Elaine successfully defended her thesis! Congrats, Elaine!
- June 13: Our paper on THz photoconductivity in vdW laminates was accepted for publication in Semicond. Sci. Tech.
- May 16: Sahoo and Monika join the FSU from Univ. Hyderabad and Northeastern Univ., respectively. Welcome to Okinawa!
- Apr. 1: Keshav was promoted to Associate Professor. Congratulations!!
- Jan. 15: FSU welcomes 4 new members: Rebecca, Maki, Sonya, and Nick. Welcome to the unit!
- Oct. 2: Xing and Kalyani join the unit as interns. Welcome to Okinawa!
- Sept. 19: Our work on magnetoelectricity in Ni-doped CaBaCo4O7 published in Phys. Rev. B.
- Sept. 05: Welcome to Sachie, who joins the unit as a rotation student and is a recent graduate of Keio University. ようこそ！
- Sept. 05: Joel officially joins the FSU as an PhD student. Welcome back, Joel!
- Aug. 22: Carolina joins FSU as a visiting researcher from Mexico. Welcome Carolina!
- July 30: FSU hosts Prof. Chris Weber and his student Matthew for 6 weeks. Youkoso!
- July 06: Julien's paper on engineering losses and beam divergence in patch antenna arrays is now available online.
- July 03: Kasturie joins the Femto Unit as a research intern. Welcome Kasturie!
- June 13: Keshav published a commentary in Physics Today on pursuing science across nationalities and disciplines.
- June 10: Prof. Diyar Talbayev and his student Shukai visited FSU for 2 and 7 weeks, respectively.
- May 10: Welcome to our new rotation students, Dong Cao and Mohamed Atwa.
- Mar. 16: Keshav presented an invited talk on imaging the motion of electrons at APS March Meeting in New Orleans, USA.
- Mar. 1: Welcome to Manami, who joins the Femto Unit as a research intern from Hokkaido University.
- December 13th: Aliya Mari Adefuin rotates through the Femto unit.
- September 11th-15th: Michael, Elaine, and Andrew present at the 10th LEEM/PEEM, Monterey (USA).
- September 8th: Joel Pérez Urquizo rotates through the Femto Unit.
- September 8th: Vivek Pareek joins the Femto Unit as a PhD student. Welcome Vivek!
- June 13th - 17th: Michael presents a talk at Graphene Week 2016, Warsaw (Poland).
- June 5th - 10th: Julien and Taka present talks at CLEO 2016, CA (USA).
- June 5th - 9th: Michael presents a talk at CIMTEC Congress 2016, Perugia (Italy).
- June 2nd: Camille joins the Femto Unit as a research intern.
- May 2nd: Sébastien rotates through the Femto unit.
- April 8th: Keshav presents an invited talk in TERAMETANANO Conference, Cartagena, Colombia
- April 5th: Taka and Bryan present posters in RD2DS Workshop at OIST, Okinawa, Japan.
- April 4th: Keshav presents an invited talk in RD2DS Workshop at OIST, Okinawa, Japan.
- January 25th - 29th: Keshav presents a talk at International Symposium on Functional Materials 2016, Okinawa, Japan.
- January 12th: Vivek Pareek rotates through the Femto unit.
- January 12th: Bryan Berggren and Natalie Foster join the Femto unit as research interns.
- October 3rd - 11th: Prof Charles Schmuttenmaer, Kevin Regan and Coleen Nemes visit the Femto Unit.
- September 22nd: Keshav presents an invited talk at Physical Sciences Symposia-2015, MA (USA).
- September 1st - December 18th: Jason Ball rotates through the Femto Unit.
- September 1st: Andrew Winchester joins the Femto Unit.
- June 30th - July 4th: The Femto Unit hosts Symposium of MTSA 2015 & TeraNano 2015 at OIST.
- June 28th - July 3rd: Balu presents a talk at ICMAT 2015 in Suntec, Singapore.
- June 24th - 28th: Viktoras attends the 20th International C. elegans Meeting, University of California, LA (USA).
- June 22nd - 25th: E Laine attends UXSS 2015 in Hamburg, Germany.
- June 12th: Chris Petoukhoff presents a poster in JSPS Summer Fellowship Meeting, Hayama, Japan.
- June 12th: Chris Petoukhoff joins the Femto Unit as an EAPSI/JSPS fellow.
- June 9th: Dylan Renaud joins the Femto Unit as a NanoJapan 2015 IREU intern.
- June 2nd: Ari Gilman joins the Femto Unit as a research intern.
- May 10th - 15th: Balu presents a talk at CLEO 2015.
- May 8th: Keshav presents a seminar at Sandia National Lab, Albuquerque, NM (USA).
- April 27th: Yumi Ito joins the Femto Unit as a Research Administrator.
- April 21st: Jingjing Zhang joins the Femto Unit as a research intern.
- April 15th: Viktoras Lisicovas joins the Femto Unit as a part of collaboration with Maruyama Unit.
- April 1st: Dr. Taka Harada joins the Femto Unit as a postdoc.
- Jan 23rd: Our work on optically inducing magnetic moments in graphene quantum dots is published in Phys. Rev. B.
- Jan 6th: Skylar and Dibya join the Femto Unit as research interns.
- Jul 2nd: Reuben Harding joins the Femto Unit for his internship.
- Jul 1st: Dr. Julien Madeo joins the Femto Unit as a postdoc.
- Jun 23: Our work on mimicking neurotransmitter dynamics using femtosecond pulses is published in Scientific Reports.
- Jun 8: Juliana and Skylar join the Femto Unit for their intership as NanoJapan students.
- Jan 28th: Andrew Winchester joins the Femto Unit.
- Jan 25th: Microscopy Lab begins move to permanent location.
- Jan 10th: Dr. Bala Murali Krishna Mariserala presents seminar at IIT, Indore, India.
- Jan 8th: Keshav presents seminar at IISc, Bangalore, INDIA.
- Jan 6th - Jul 5th: Prof. Saikat Talapatra joins Femto Unit as JSPS Visiting Faculty
- Jan 5th, 6th: Keshav presents seminar at Univ. of Hyderabad, INDIA.
- Dec 23rd: Keshav presents seminar at TIFR, Mumbai, India.
- Nov 20th: Keshav presents seminar at ISSP, Univ. of Tokyo, Kashiwa Campus.
- Nov 28th: Keshav presents invited talk at Beam Physics Workshop 2013, Okinawa Japan.
- Jun 5th: Keshav presents seminar at Lund University, Sweden.
- Jul 22nd-23rd: Keshav presents invited talk at MTSA 2013.
- Jul 9th-Aug 23rd:Yuecel Kaptan (TU Berlin) visits Femto Unit.
- Jul 9th-16th: Prof. Jerome Tignon(Ecole Normale Superieure, France) visits Femto Unit.
- Jul 5th-8th: NanoJapan mid program meeting takes place at OIST.
- Jun 12th: Pete presents at CLEO.
- Jun 9th-14th: Keshav and Pete attend CLEO, San Jose, CA, USA.
- Jun 7th: Prof. Chiko Otani (Riken, Sendai) visits Femto Unit.
- Jun 4th: Keshav presents a seminar at Los Alamos National Laboratory, NM, USA.
- Mar 28th-31st: Dr. Harold Hwang (MIT & BU) visits Femto Unit.
- Mar 18th-22nd: Atish and Eleftheria present at APS March Meeting, Baltimore, MD, USA.
- Mar 7th: First LEED pattern on Au/SiO2.
- Mar 6th-19th: Dr. B M Krishna Mariserla (Univ. of Hyderabad, India) visits Femto Unit.
- 4th Feb: LEEM/PEEM installation begins.
- Jan. 24th: Snr. Adviser to Pres. of Univ. of Tokyo & Former Swedish Ambss., Mr. Noreen visits Femto Unit.
- Jan. 10th: Keshav presents seminar at Univ. College London, UK.
- Dec. 3rd: Dr. Michael Man joins the Femto Unit.
- Nov. 28th: Keshav presents seminar at Univ. of Tokyo.
- Nov. 24th: High Energy Lab gets its first THz signal.
- Oct 9th-10: Keshav presents invited seminar at RIKEN, Sendai.
- Sep 29th - Oct. 1st: Prof. Dr. Ulrike Woggon (Technical University Berlin) visits Femto Unit.
- Sep 23-25th: Dr. Michael Man (Hong Kong Univ. of Science and Technology) visits Femto Unit.
- Sep 19th: Spitfire ACE (5mJ, 1kHz) with 4mJ-TOPAS and 1mJ-TOPAS arrive.
- Sep 18, 19th: Dr. Hugo Ribeiro & Julia Hildeman (Univ. of Konstanz) visit Femto Unit.
- Sep 5th, 6th: Keshav presents an invited talk at Crystal & Graphene Science Symposium, Boston 2012.
- Aug 27, 28th: Dr. Nathan Jukham (Ruhr-Universität Bochum) visits Femto Unit.
- Aug 14th-26th: Eleftheria presents a poster at the 6th Windsor Summer School.
- Aug 2nd-8th: Dr. Gargi Sharma (INRS-EMT, Quebec, Canada) visits Femto Unit.
- Jul 4th, 5th: Keshav presents an invited talk at TerraNano 2012, Okinawa.
- Jul 3rd: Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Rupert Huber (Universitat Regensburg) visits Femto Unit.
- Jun 29th: Keshav & Rakesh teaach at Onna Children's Science Camp.
- Jun 15th: Dr. Peter Hale joins the Femtosecond Spectroscopy Unit.
- May 19th: Atish Agarwala arrives for his summer internship with the Femto Unit.
- May 12th-18th: Keshav attends ICQD 2012, Santa Fe, NM, US
- May 11th: Dr. Eleftheria Kavousanaki and Dr. Grigoris Panotopoulos join the Femto Unit
- May 6th-11th: Keshav attends CLEO 2012, San Jose, CA, US.
- May 4th: Rakesh presents Thesis Seminar at Cochin Univ. of Sci. & Tech., (CUSAT) India.
- Apr 11th-22nd: Dr. Peter Hale (Univ. of Exeter) visits Femto Unit.