Seminars for Fall 2021
November 12th - December 3rd, Fridays from 12-1 PM
1. 11/12 and 11/19: Culture in the Workplace
2. 11/26 and 12/3: Adjusting and Settling in
Zoom meeting ID: https://oist.zoom.us/j/98714004033
Academic Speaking and Presenting Skills
Every Friday from 3-4 PM
Zoom meeting ID - https://oist.zoom.us/j/99461322280?pwd=eHlCMkVISHNuZEVKWUZSdi8xN3J4QT09
Alternating weekly between: Academic Speaking Skills and Presenting Skills for International Conferences
Schedule this semester:
1. September 24th: 3-4PM - Using Oral Citations
2. October 1st: 3-4 PM - Learning from TED part 1
3. October 8th: 3-4 PM - Concluding a presentation
4. October 15th: 3-4 PM - Learning from TED part 2.
5. October 22nd: 3-4 PM - Giving spontaneous one minute talks
6. October 29th: 3-4 PM - Why you should write out your speech part 1
7. November 5th: 3-4 PM - Using Transition Phrases in Presentations
8. November 12th: 3-4 PM -Why you should write out your speech part 2
9. November 19th 3-4 PM - Participating in small group discussions
10. November 26th 3-4PM - Ten ways to begin a presentation
Although it is highly recommended that you attend all the classes, it is not required. Each Friday seminar is a self contained lesson.
Please note that while the content may be useful for any aspiring presenters, the course is aimed at non-native speakers of English.
Please watch the event's list for a link to each seminar and downloadable handouts.
Fridays, 12-1 PM
Zoom link: https://oist.zoom.us/j/92751574918
- October 1st: Going to the grocery store
- October 8th: Basic conversations
- October 15th: Restaurants and ordering food
- October 22nd: Taxi and directions
- October 29th: Going to the doctor
- November 5th: Post office, Village office