Mahesh M. Bandi
- PhD Physics, University of Pittsburgh 2006.
- MS Physics, University of Pittsburgh 2004.
- MS Electrical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh 2002.
- BE Computer Science & Engineering, University of Madras 1998.
- Assistant Professor, Collective Interactions Unit, OIST Graduate University. 2012 - present.
- Simons Visiting Faculty, National Centre for Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, India. Summer 2013.
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, OIST Graduate University. 2011 - 2012.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, School of Engineering, Brown University. 2011 - 2012.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Applied Math. Lab, School of Engineering & Applied Sciences, Harvard University. 2009 - 2011.
- Postdoctoral Research Assosciate, CNLS & MPA-CMMS, Los Alamos National Laboratory. 2006 - 2009.
- Graduate Student Researcher, University of Pittsburgh. 2000 - 2006.
- States & Properties of Matter, OIST Graduate University (Fall 2014, Spring 2015).
- Graduate Analytical Mechanics, OIST Graduate University (Fall '12, '13, '15, '16, '17).
- Introduction to Engineering, School of Engineering, Brown University (Fall 2011).
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Department of Physics & Astronomy, University of Pittsburgh (Fall 2002 - Summer 2003).
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh (Fall 2000 - Spring 2002).
- Co-organizer, CoMFoS17: Mathematical Analysis of Continuum Mechanics. September 2017.
- Co-organizer, workshop on Quantitative Analysis of Behavior and Neurobiology. August 2016.
- Organizer, OIST funded workshop on Dynamics at Interfaces. June 2014.
- Grant Referee:
- US National Science Foundation.
- Ministry of Science & Technology, Israel.
- Israel Science Foundation.
- Journal Referee:
- Journals of the European Physical Society, US National Academy of Sciences, Nature Group, Royal Society, American Physical Society, Institute of Physics & American Institute of Physics.
- Advances in Complex Systems, Advances in Water Resources, Integrative and Comparative Biology & Resources.
- M. M. Bandi, "Spectrum of Wind Power Fluctuations" Phys. Rev. Lett. 118, 028301 (2017).
- Makoto Araki, M. M. Bandi, and Y. Yazaki-Sugiyama, "Mind the gap: Neural coding of species identity in birdsong prosody", Science 354, 1282 (2016).
- N. Iikawa, M. M. Bandi and H. Katsuragi, "Sensitivity of Granular Force Chain Orientation to Disorder-induced Metastable Relaxation",Phys. Rev. Lett. 116, 128001 (2016).
- G. Bel, C. P. Connaughton, M. Toots and M. M. Bandi, "Grid-scale fluctuations and forecast error in wind power", New J. Phys. 18, 023015 (2016)
- MM Bandi, MK Rivera, F Krzakala and RE Ecke, "Fragility and hysteretic creep in frictional granular jamming", Phys. Rev. E. 87, 042205 (2013)
- AC Slim, MM Bandi, JC Miller and L Mahadevan, "Dissolution-driven convection in a Hele-Shaw cell", Phys. Fluids. 25, 024101 (2013).
- MM Bandi, T Tallinen and L Mahadevan, "Shock-driven jamming and periodic fracture of particulate rafts", Europhys. Lett. 96, 36008 (2011).
- M Roper, A Seminara, MM Bandi, A Cobb, HR Dillard and A Pringle, "Dispersal of fungal spores in a cooperatively generated wind", Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. 107, 104747 (2010).
- MM Bandi, SG Chumakov and CP Connaughton, "Probability distribution of power fluctuations in turbulence", Phys. Rev. E. 79, 016309 (2009).
- MM Bandi and CP Connaughton, "Craig's XY-distribution and the statistics of Lagrangian power in two-dimensional turbulence", Phys. Rev. E. 77, 036318 (2008).
- MM Bandi, JR Cressman Jr. and WI Goldburg, "Test of the Fluctuation Relation in Lagrangian turbulence on a free surface", J. Stat. Phys. 130, 27 (2008).
Human Frontier Science Program, Young Investigators Grant. Foot in Motion: Mechanics, Materials & Control (2013).
Selected Invited Talks (past 3 years)
- Seminar, Dept. of Mechanical Engg., University of Delaware, USA. Feb 2017.
- Colloquium, Department of Physics, Syracuse University, USA. Jan 2017.
- Nonlinear Dynamics Seminar, School of Physics, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA. Jan 2017.
- Condensed Matter & Materials Seminar, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, India. Dec 2016.
- Instructor, Hands On Research in Complex Systems, International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Italy. July 2016.
- Seminar, Schlumberger-Doll Research Center, USA. March 2016.
- Seminar, Department of Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science, Yale University, USA. March 2016.
- Applied Dynamics Seminar, University of Maryland, USA. Dec 2015.
- Physical Mathematics Seminar, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA. Dec 2015.
- Fluids Seminar, School of Engineering, Brown University, USA. Dec 2015.
- Colloquium, Physics Dept., Hong Kong Univ. of Science & Technology. Sept 2015.
- Seminar, Carnegie Mellon Electricity Industry Center, Carnegie Mellon University, USA. February 2015.
- Seminar, School of Environmental Sciences, Nagoya University, Japan. September 2014.