Two Postdoctoral Scholar Positions Available
About the Position
- Position summary
Two postdoctoral positions are available immediately in the Bioinspired Soft Matter Unit. Highly motivated candidates are welcomed to join the dynamic research team studying the synthetic self-assembly systems with emphasis on biological applications.
- Position responsibilities
The candidate will have an opportunity to lead his/her project, develop collaborations in a mentored environment. They will be encouraged to present research findings at national/international meetings. It is expected that the individual will be involved in high-impact publications and eager for career development.
[Required] Ph.D. degree in chemistry, chemical biology or related scientific disciplines with relevant lab experience in organic/inorganic synthesis/biochemistry.
[Preferred] Research background in tumor biology, immunology, or stem cell biology is preferred but not essential.
Full-time, fixed term appointment for 1 year to 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
- Working hours
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Submission documents
- Curriculum vita with publication list in English (and Japanese if available)
- Cover letter in English (and Japanese if available)
- Names and contact information of 2 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
- *Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
- Starting date
- Application due date
Applications deadline will continue until the position is filled.
- Application address to
Please submit all required application materials by email to: Ye.zhang#oist.jp (Please replace # with @ before using this email address)
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities (https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).